Thursday, September 29, 2011


Living the Life of an Artist
I think I spend too much time making lists of the things I want to do instead of actually doing the work. I make to do lists almost every day and then expand on the items on the list. I dream. I sketch out ideas. Often those ideas are pretty darn good. However they usually remain just a dream, just a simple drawing.

I decided I have another role. I am a juggler, and perhaps a jester, a pretender. I juggle the different aspects my life, my art. I drop the ball. I drop many balls; writer, photographer, artist, with a little care taking thrown in. Too many things are undone or in states of partialdom. (How’s that for a word?) How can I maintain focus on one thing when there’s so many to do?

It’s not all a total loss. I manage to get projects accomplished eventually; some of them, at least. More and more the work keeps me indoors and that is not always a good thing. It makes it harder to get out and it’s not good for my sanity. I need to get outside. I need to feel the earth under my feet, the breezes rustling my hair, and the fresh air against my skin.

I have to get my juggling act under control. I can do this. After all, these are all things I am passionate about. Doing these projects make me happy. I enjoy what I do. (Except when I get frustrated and angry.) I am determined to bring all my joys to great accomplishments!

No comments: