Sunday, June 27, 2010

I was going through old photo albums today and in looking at the pictures taken back then with 35mm compared to what I do now with digital and the ability to edit my own pictures, I am amazed at how my photography has changed. Oh, I still take a lot of the same kinds of pictures, but I see angles, lines, and textures in a different way. I am more aware of the composition of the picture and I'm not just shooting a scene. I look at the subject from multiple positions.

These past couple of weeks, I've been experimenting with color curves. I still want my pictures to look real; like it was when I first saw the scene, however I've noticed sometimes that in the printing, the colors are not as vibrant. Now I am able to bring that brilliance onto the cards and paper.

I like being more in control of the outcome. It's nice that I can make the choice in how the picture evolves.

No comments: