Monday, March 28, 2011


Living the Life of an Artist
For a few days, other things throw me off balance and artistic endeavors are sporadic. There are too many irons in the fire and it’s hard to focus on one thing.  Many days go by where I feel I’ve accomplished nothing. Life gets in the way of the art. Responsibilities drag me away from the easel and often my own perceived dilemmas create roadblocks in my mind.

Accomplishing nothing is not a one hundred percent true statement, though. Just because nothing gets finished, doesn’t mean I am not working. Sometimes the steps are very, very small. I can accept that.

And sometimes it’s not that I don’t get anything done; I am not getting art work done in the way I want to be working. If I leave the house to run errands, I am doing something that needs to be done. If I go do an interview, then I am working on an article for the paper. Breakfast with my artist friends is rewarding in that we support one another, plus there is always the opportunity for a photo op somewhere between here and there.

No comments: