Friday, March 04, 2011


Living the Life of an Artist
Sometimes I try to do too much to a piece and for my technique, that does not work. I attempted to finish four of my drawings the other day and got discouraged with three of them. I walked away with one finished product. It’ll take me days before I can face those others again because, at the moment, I don’t like them very much.

Yesterday, on the small table easels, I attached three more blank sheets carefully torn from a 22x30 sheet. I prefer to work in smaller sizes, usually around 10x6 or smaller. I started two more drawings. The first is a re-do of one that is downstairs on the big easel and the other is from a recent photo of Lake Todd.

The time went by fast. I am trying to adapt my style and go with a “less is more” aspect and even though I use a photo as a guideline, I allow the drawing to take on its own style. Good headway was made and I am pleased with the progress. With the re-do, I am trying to figure out how to add the “hint of color.” I have an idea, but I’m not sure it’s going to work. I might experiment on a piece of scrap paper.

I am happy with yesterday’s work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sasha it is always a pleasure to see your work.