Saturday, February 21, 2009

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS AGAIN
"We'd like you to do a showing at the library for April, May, and June," she said but when I also suggested a poetry reading, she was more interested in a talk with self-published authors. My poor simple brain couldn't quite grasp the intent. It's a library, why wouldn't they want a poetry reading?
Then "Art Show" hit me. Oh, my God, it's finally going to happen... and in a month! She was rattling on about photographs and how I would have to do all the hanging on April 4th and 5th. Photographs? What about charcoal drawings and notecards? She made a comment on the subjects tying together and that nothing can be sold at the library. My mind was brought up short but the chattering and near panic took over.
I calmed myself by asking what she had in mind for the self-published authors' talk and she suggested that I come up with a forum. She also told me that I needed to come up with a title for both the show and the forum and as we talked, my mind reeled.
My printer isn't working right. How am I going to print more pictures? What photographs would go with my charcoal landscapes? What about the poetry and my book? Notecards, poetry-photo cards, etc... There's so much to get ready.
I am excited and in panic. There is so much that I don't know. I'm not even sure how to hang anything... let alone have things ready to hang. I need to have titles for all my pieces with a short descriptions. I need to choose which photos I want to display, get them printed and framed. I need to come up with a display for the cards. Arrgghhhh!

No comments: